Monday, August 15, 2016

BATU TRIP: where to eat and enjoy the nature

Hello!
As I promised I am gonna share my Malang and Batu trip with you because somehow the trip was humble yet memorable. I hope this post can give you inspiration to travel and explore more about the beauty in Indonesia. I have to say my Malang-Batu trip was quite affordable and I got to see almost everything here in 4 days. Let's dig in the post: where to eat and looking around in Batu. (click here to read about where to go in Malang)

WARUNG BETHANIA
Jalan Diponegoro No. 103, Kota Batu
(0341) 591158
11AM–9PM

This restaurant really deserved the top your must eat food in Batu. They have this gurame fish with special sauce which was really flavorful with lotsa Indonesian spices, but my favorites really went to their grilled gurame fish and the fried one. The flavor was really, really, on point. Thumbs up!
PS: Make sure to order their fried and grilled one, won't regret it for sure!

_____________________________________________________________________________

POS KETAN LEGENDA
Jl. Kartini No.6, Kec. Batu
081334313353
5pm–11pm



Located in the town square of Batu, this Pos Ketan Legenda really was tourist and locals destination at night. They sold ketan, which was actually sticky rice topped with chocolate, cheese, durian, etc. My favorite was surely the cheese one, accompanied with condensed milk that made it sweeter (and better!). They also had this milk stall (Depot susu Ganesha) just across this sticky rice stall, it was quite crowded at night and sold fresh milk in vanilla, chocolate, melon and strawberry.

_____________________________________________________________________________

ROTI BAKAR YOENOES
Jalan Panglima Sudirman no 6, Batu
5pm



There was many recommendation about this place while I was in Batu and decided to give it a try. It was not bad, but to be honest I did not find anything special here. Grilled bread had wide selection of topping and they're using this thin toast instead of the thick one like the one I usually found in Jakarta. They sold indomie, too. A savior for your midnight hunger.

_____________________________________________________________________________

WAROENG BAMBOE
Jalan Raya Selecta, Kota Batu
(0341) 590754
9am-8pm


This restaurant could give you an experience like eating on the side of fish pond, but honestly the taste was kinda bland. Everything that I ordered need an improvement here and there but somehow it was still edible.

____________________________________________________________________________

Besides the culinary experience, I also gave my trip a touch a green. Yes I was exploring nature in Batu and found it really pretty!

COBAN RONDO WATERFALL AND LABYRINTH
Jl. Coban Rondo, Desa Pandesari, Malang
(0341) 5025147



The labyrinth itself actually did not that big but I found it was quite hard to get out from it. It was quite fun and surely a good spot to take pictures. The waterfall was pretty, too! It was so close with the car parking lot and I was happy to find that the waterfall was just around the corner (around 200m from the parking lot)
_____________________________________________________________________________

CHASING SUNRISE AT WADUK SELOREJO
Selorejo, Ngantang




Favorite spot at Selorejo: the bridge with sunrise, it was just so pretty.
____________________________________________________________________________

PARALAYANG AT GUNUNG BANYAK AND OMAH KAYU
Jl. Gunung Banyak, Pujon,Batu
0812-1737-0035
7am-5pm







This place was my favorite. Omah kayu and Paralayang located in one place and it was pretty. Batu's blue sky really enhanced the beauty of this mountain and the greens at Omah kayu were just amazing. Those tree house at Omah Kayu were designed of 6 people and timed for 5 minutes each session so that you could queue to take pretty pictures here.

So here is the post about my trip in Batu. You can check my previous post where to go in Malang here. Drop some comment to tell me what you think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment